Research Associate, Philippines - IPA
IPA-Philippines is looking to hire a Research Associate to support work for a migration and education research in the Philippines. This project offers the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in remote quantitative data collection methods and to work with our PI on a groundbreaking project that aims to build evidence on the impact of migration on the academic performance of children of migrant workers. Project activities start in September 2021.
The Research Associate supports the project team and assists the Principal Investigator in the overall project cycle activities and data collection. The RA assists the team in supporting the survey development, training the field team, coordinating with project partners, piloting the instrument, programming the instruments in Survey CTO, conducting data quality checks and data analysis, and writing of reports. The RA takes the lead in the communication with the partner and the data collection team.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting developing the instruments for data collection and backchecks, in close coordination with the PI.
- Programming the instruments in Survey CTO, following best practices and the most updated features.
- Preparing training materials and supporting the PI in conducting enumerator’s trainings and piloting the instruments.
- Managing communications and planned activities with the field data collection team, including management of remote data collection and timelines.
- Coordinating with project partners.
- Monitor the implementation of phone surveys in close coordination with field coordinators.
- Coordinating with the administrative team the logistics required for data collection activities.
- Reporting progress of field activities and troubleshooting challenges to the PI on a regular basis.
- Conducting data quality checks (high frequency checks and back checks), data cleaning and data anonymizing across all datasets using STATA.
- Participating in regular calls with the Country Director and the PI.
- Demonstrated proficiency in STATA and experience with data management and data cleaning is a must. Proficiency in R is a plus.
- Experience with quantitative research and statistical methods.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, business management, social sciences, public policy or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills.
- Experience with Survey CTO strongly preferred.
- Experience managing survey implementation is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Computer-Assisted Interviewing is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with randomized controlled trials is preferred, but not required.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English and Filipino.