J-PAL Europe, which is based at the Paris School of Economics, works to improve the effectiveness of social policies and programs across Europe and in French-speaking Africa. We do this by conducting randomized evaluations, sharing policy lessons, and building evaluation capacity.
High quality instruction throughout primary school is widely believed to have a positive influence on student outcomes. In partnership with a non-profit organization in France, researchers are evaluating the impact of its science and technology teacher training program on the educational interests and academic achievement of affected students.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries.
If disadvantaged students lack information about their educational opportunities after high-school and the academic preparation they need to succeed in top universities, they may be less likely to apply to and attend these universities. Researchers tested the impact of a program that connected underprivileged high schools with higher education institutions to provide academic tutoring and support.
Marc Gurgand, J-PAL Europe Scientific Director, and Michael Rosholm (J-PAL, Aarhus University) edited a special edition of Labour Economics, one of the top economics journals in the field. This special edition is the result of a conference J-PAL Europe helped organize in September 2015.
There are 47 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 14 countries in Europe.
Did you know that the AEA RCT Registry of the @AEAjournals has over 2,400 registered accounts, with around 1,600 ac… https://t.co/...
Interested in understanding the impact of health care on reducing poverty? There's still time to apply for policy p… https://t.co/Gs2DoaK2aS
RT @JPAL_NA: How can we help students navigate the often challenging period after high school graduation & get them to successfu… ...
Interested in peace and recovery? @poverty_action is currently accepting EOIs for new research. Learn more:… https://t.co/...
See the second post in our series on J-PAL's Government Partnership Initiative where we discuss how to build a cult… https://t.co/k86Z7haL1E
- Want to download data from 1,500 social science RCTs? Visit our advanced search page and click on the orange paper icon next to the RSS feed: j-p.al/2EtTyOJ 3 days 10 hours ago.
- Sign up now for tomorrow's webinar to learn about the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development Policy! goo.gl/qxqycc 4 days 13 hours ago.
- How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more on the J-PAL blog: j-p.al/2ELfjZI #ResearchTransparency 1 week 8 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their post. Sign up for our MicroMasters webinar - space is limited! 1 week 1 day ago.
- Looking to advance your career? Curious about whether the MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy is right for you? Join us for a live webinar next Tuesday, 2/20 at 10:00am ET to learn more about the program and ask your questions! Register now - and tag a friend below: https://j-p.al/2EtvDec. 1 week 2 days ago.