J-PAL Europe, which is based at the Paris School of Economics, works to improve the effectiveness of social policies and programs across Europe and in French-speaking Africa. We do this by conducting randomized evaluations, sharing policy lessons, and building evaluation capacity.
High quality instruction throughout primary school is widely believed to have a positive influence on student outcomes. In partnership with a non-profit organization in France, researchers are evaluating the impact of its science and technology teacher training program on the educational interests and academic achievement of affected students.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling.
If disadvantaged students lack information about their educational opportunities after high-school and the academic preparation they need to succeed in top universities, they may be less likely to apply to and attend these universities. Researchers tested the impact of a program that connected underprivileged high schools with higher education institutions to provide academic tutoring and support.
Marc Gurgand, J-PAL Europe Scientific Director, and Michael Rosholm (J-PAL, Aarhus University) edited a special edition of Labour Economics, one of the top economics journals in the field. This special edition is the result of a conference J-PAL Europe helped organize in September 2015.
There are 47 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 14 countries in Europe.
How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more now on the J-PAL blog:… https://t.co/NkCNvOM8wt
Reminder: We're hiring! J-PAL is recruiting policy staff to support our Health sector, advancing evidence-based app… https://t.co/voX6DdqgYo
Today on the J-PAL blog: Addressing the challenges of #publicationbias with...
Can text messages #nudge parents to keep track of their kids' progress in school? New blog post from...
RT @KarnerPaul: Really outstanding resource from the folks at...
- How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more on the J-PAL blog: j-p.al/2ELfjZI #ResearchTransparency 2 days 10 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their post. Sign up for our MicroMasters webinar - space is limited! 3 days 15 hours ago.
- Looking to advance your career? Curious about whether the MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy is right for you? Join us for a live webinar next Tuesday, 2/20 at 10:00am ET to learn more about the program and ask your questions! Register now - and tag a friend below: https://j-p.al/2EtvDec. 4 days 11 hours ago.
- Grad students: J-PAL offers up to $25k in tuition and stipends through our Summer and Fall 2018 Research Transparency Fellowships. We're looking for highly skilled PhD students - must love coding and data analysis! Apply by March 5: j-p.al/2EEwKLK 5 days 5 hours ago.
- Nuestra afiliada Jeanne Lafortune nos invita a conocer más sobre la tercera versión del Diplomado en Evaluación de Impacto de Programas y Políticas Públicas de J-PAL LAC y la PUC Chile. Más información en http://www.educacioncontinua.uc.cl/28591-ficha-diplomado-en-evaluacion-de-impacto-de-programas-y-politicas-publicas. [EN] J-PAL affiliate Jeanne Lafortune invites us to learn more about J-PAL LAC and PUC Chile's Diploma in Impact Evaluation of Public Policy and Social Programs. More info at http://www.educacioncontinua.uc.cl/28591-ficha-diplomado-en-evaluacion-de-impacto-de-programas-y-politicas-publicas. 5 days 11 hours ago.