J-PAL Europe, which is based at the Paris School of Economics, works to improve the effectiveness of social policies and programs across Europe and in French-speaking Africa. We do this by conducting randomized evaluations, sharing policy lessons, and building evaluation capacity.
High quality instruction throughout primary school is widely believed to have a positive influence on student outcomes. In partnership with a non-profit organization in France, researchers are evaluating the impact of its science and technology teacher training program on the educational interests and academic achievement of affected students.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling.
If disadvantaged students lack information about their educational opportunities after high-school and the academic preparation they need to succeed in top universities, they may be less likely to apply to and attend these universities. Researchers tested the impact of a program that connected underprivileged high schools with higher education institutions to provide academic tutoring and support.
Marc Gurgand, J-PAL Europe Scientific Director, and Michael Rosholm (J-PAL, Aarhus University) edited a special edition of Labour Economics, one of the top economics journals in the field. This special edition is the result of a conference J-PAL Europe helped organize in September 2015.
There are 46 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 14 countries in Europe.
Meet Simone Schaner, assistant professor at @dartmouth...
Congratulations @JPAL_SA for 10 years of excellence in research and policy impact! Check out some of what the team… https://t.co/...
Interested in applying for a job at J-PAL? Join us this Friday 12/15 at 10am ET for an interactive webinar with our… https://t.co/tc6JmUfvct
RT @HarrisPolicy: Prof. @cblatts...
Welcome to Twitter @rema_nadeem! Rema is scientific director of...
- Interested in applying for a job at J-PAL? Join us this Friday 12/15 at 10am ET for an interactive webinar with our research, policy, and HR staff. Learn more about working at J-PAL and the application process! Register at https://j-p.al/2yi2YFp. 47 min 42 sec ago.
- Do you have an econ master's or PhD? Are you looking for a new challenge? Join our team as a Research Manager at J-PAL Global in Cambridge, MA: https://j-p.al/2AKLnJ0. Please tag a friend who might be interested! 1 day 6 hours ago.
- Are you on Twitter? Make sure you're following us there - or, better yet, follow our affiliated researchers! https://twitter.com/JPAL_Global/lists/j-pal-affiliates/members 2 days 29 min ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their live video. Watch Pascaline Dupas speak live in our latest Data, Decisions, Public Policy talk! 4 days 11 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) was live. Live Webcast 4 days 11 hours ago.